The Importance of Color for Car Wraps
Having your vehicle wrapped is considered one of the most cost-effective ways to advertise your business. Having just one vehicle wrapped can generate anywhere between 30,000 – 70,000 impressions a day! The potential to reach your audience has never been higher. With such a large opportunity to make an impression on the people you drive by, it’s important to make sure that you get every aspect of the car wrap correct. This even includes the color for car wraps.
You may not think about it on a day-to-day basis, but different colors can evoke different emotions and feelings from different people. This is why the importance of color for car wraps is something you need to consider. Here are some tips for making sure the colors on your next car wrap are done correctly.
Choosing The Right Color for Car Wraps
Have you been internally debating what color you want to go with for your next car wrap? No matter what business you are in, color selection is an important decision. Colors play a very important role in attracting the right customers to your business. Psychologists have done studies for years about how colors can affect our perception of something. A study done by the Academy of Marketing Science shows that color plays a large role in our purchasing decisions. This applies to businesses and how we perceive them.
The colors you choose for your car wrap need to not only reflect the colors of your logo but also the personality of your business. Customers who can relate to the personality of your business are much more likely to interact with it. So, which colors will work the best for you?
The Meaning Behind Each Color
When it comes to color selection, you have total freedom to choose. There’s no right or wrong answer, it all depends on the type of audience you want to attract. Here’s what each popular color represents:
- Black: This color is used to display luxury. Think about black tie events and black dresses. Use this color if you want to appear classic, sophisticated, and in control.
- White: White is used to appearing fresh, youthful, and economical.
- Gray: Gray is, quite literally, the perfect blend of white and black. It comes off with maturity, dignity, and tradition.
- Green: Green is associated with the environment and finances.
- Red: For those wanting to appear youthful, modern, and aggressive, red is for you.
- Blue: Blue is the most popular color in the world. Go with blue if you want to appear serious and trustful.
- Yellow: Yellow is a youthful color that displays friendliness and cheerfulness.
- Brown: Brown works for those wanting to be rugger, serious, and masculine.
- Purple: Purple works amazingly well for those wanting a touch of femininity.
- Orange: Orange will help grab the attention of anyone on the road. It displays energetic, playful energy.
Keep Goals in Mind
It’s important to choose colors not based on personal preference, but on what would work best for what you’re advertising. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do these colors reflect my business’s personality?
- Do these colors target the correct audience?
- Are these colors different from my competitors?
- Do these colors work for the product/service I’m selling?
Follow the 60-30-10 Rule
Chances are you’re going to use more than one color. The 60-30-10 rule is typically used for interior design but it can also be applied here.
The rule is simple. Sixty percent of your wrap should be the primary color you want to go with. Thirty percent of the graphics should consist of your secondary color. Ten percent of the graphics should be composed of your accent color of choice.
Get Your Car Wrapped Now!
There’s a lot that goes into the design of your car wrap, even color choices play a big role. A poorly designed car wrap can end up hurting your business more than helping. If you’re thinking about getting a car wrap, make sure it’s done right and choose GNS Wraps. We will help you through the entire process, even with the colors! Contact us today to get your business’s name out there.